Monday, April 30, 2012

Giving My Inner Thumper a High Five

I'm not the biggest fan of spring. In the Southwest, springtime can be both wonderful and annoying. Most of the time, it's annoying, especially when it gets windy.

In general, spring does look pretty, but behind the pretty lies really bad allergies, bugs, wasps, and unpredictable weather.

Although I was born and raised in a tropical country, I am cold-blooded to the core. Autumn is my favorite season because it's chilly, and in these areas, it can also get rainy. There's nothing like the smell of rain and going outside and basking in it. Winter can get really harsh where I live, but I love the snow, too.

Spring, on the other hand, is another story. Summer is even worse. But last week, after my morning routine of walking my dog and getting my much needed sunlight and exercise, I found myself in my backyard, taking pictures like a tourist.


Either my phone's camera is really awesome, or the beauty that surrounds me during this year's spring is just undeniable. These pictures are unedited!

And in the midst of green leaves and bright yellow dandelions, even the creepy crawlies and sneeze inducing pollen, I couldn't help but allow the magic around me prove me wrong: spring is here, and it's beautiful!

And as I give my inner Thumper a high five, I also embrace everything that this season symbolizes: new beginnings, freshness, color, sunlight, and warmth.

Have you high fived your inner self yet? Learn more about this brand new blog project and how you can participate! Click here!

Thumper image covered by the U.S. fair use law, and linked here.

No comments: