Sunday, May 6, 2012

Giving My Inner Beach Girl a High Five


I posted this picture on Instagram (follow me: wearebiology) and thought that I should blog about how I came up with this hairstyle that I am currently obsessed with.

I got the idea from YouTube beauty guru, missglamorazzi, who did an awesome tutorial on what she called No-Heat Summer Waves, which is precisely what it is: a safe, all-natural way to achieve these lazy, beachy waves perfect for the spring and summer.

Here's how I did it!

Start with damp hair!

After washing my hair last night, I let it sit for a while inside my 'towel turban' while I did the rest of my night routine (i.e., lotion, brush teeth, skin care routine, etc). After about fifteen minutes, my hair was about 40-50% dry.

Condition for texture.

This is optional, but you can spray some leave-in treatment or put on some styling cream, which would give more texture and hold for your waves. I used Aveeno's Nourish + Condition Leave-In Treatment.

Braid away!

In missglamorazzi's tutorial, she did a single braid down her back, since she has finely textured hair. I have a lot of hair on my head, so I decided to do two braids, just to make sure that the waves stand out.

Voila!

After leaving your braid(s) overnight, this is what you get! Pretty cool, right? It's such a laid back but still pretty look that's perfect for the spring and summer. Once you've unraveled your waves, don't forget to protect them with hair spray or anything that would help hold the waves the entire day.

Try it yourself and let me know how it goes! Happy summer!

No comments: