Friday, July 20, 2012

Here Comes The Bride... High Fives All Around!

Yup, it's pretty crazy, but we're getting married!!!

Christopher was in one of my classes, we got in the same group for our first presentation, and I asked him out on a date, thinking that waiting for such a shy nerd to make the first move would be futile. He said I was wrong to think that, that he had a crush on me from the get-go, but I'm still glad that I asked him if he wanted to grab a cup of joe with me, which turned into a sweet first date at a diner, then a movie, then Valentine's Day, then our first kiss... and the rest is history.

On Sunday, after watching LOST, my best friend, lover, and fellow nerd, got down on one knee, and asked me if I would marry him.


I had imagined the most elaborate, creative, and craziest ways to propose to someone, from helicopter rides to rings hidden in oyster shells (yeah I know, I watch a lot of Real Housewives), but Christopher's proposal was everything I had ever dreamed of, and so much more. It was so... us! Simple, straightforward, a little clumsy and awkward (he tripped, I snorted), and that's precisely what made it the best proposal anyone could ever have.

It's going to be a quick engagement, we do not wish to wait any longer. We are getting married this December! I've always been pretty consistent about being a December bride, and have always wanted to have a winter wedding! But since we have two families, mine being thousands of miles away, we are going to have two weddings, one here, and one in the Philippines (scheduled on December 2014; yes, a true blue December bride)! 

Right now, I am, to say the least, pretty darn overwhelmed! I have less than 150 days to go before the big day, I have exactly two things checked off from the Big Day Checklist, and still about a mile away to go. But with the help of my wonderful mother and future in-laws, I am not worried at all.

Best future brother and sister-in-law ever!

The first wedding, which will be held at my in-laws' Episcopal church, will be a small, intimate affair. The Philippine wedding, considering that I have exactly two years to prepare (i.e. save up) for it, and considering that I have a huge family, will be the big celebration. I am excited for both, and feel quite blessed that I get to have two church weddings.

I'm really excited to share this new and exciting journey with you guys. Keep posted for more wedding updates, thoughts, and inspiration.

Be loved!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations dearie! :D the nerds shall unite!

Karla Veronica Mercado said...

@Yumi: We shall all unite on December 2014!!! May the odds be ever in your favor. ALOHOMORA!!! lol

Anonymous said...

It's funny because it'll probably the first time that we'll see each other in person.

something wicked this way comes, wicked awesome! :D